Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Process Continues

It was a hot 4th of July and a good weekend. I can't believe we're towards the second half of this year. What a roller coaster ride kind of year! My SF section is coming along. I'm really really really happy with the progress. The process is  going so fast that I might get the SF section done this month. I have been really into it. That is always a good sign... well for me of course.

It just interesting how I am moving from one interview to another. I have realized how each conversation so far has been on point and interesting. So far they are all unique in its own way, but still the conversation are  focusing on the theme of the doc.

On that note, I am doing my best to put together the SF section. Santos has said and pointed out a lot of good points. I just want to be clear to the public that, everything you will here will be coming out of there voices and real thoughts. I wanted to stay away from scripted stuff, I don't feel like that's a real documentary, instead scripted stuff comes out like a "TV reality show." And that is not my doc. I am getting real reactions, real talk, and real thoughts.  all the thoughts and conversation is making it easy for me to edit because there is a nice flow from the beginning to end.

As a director I made sure the conversation leads to right direction and made sure we don't go off subject. They way I work, I already have a sequence edited in my head while I am conducting the conversation. That's how much I was involved and into my project. I took a lot of time to prepare and give myself an idea how I want to approach the project.

Hence, the project is becoming more easier to edit as I am keeping true to my vision. For me it helps a lot. Like I said when I open my editing sessions on my computer, I already know what to before the computer even turns on. That is all because the time I have taken to prepare.

That's all for now.


Junior Gonzalez
The Filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment