Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On To The Next One

That's right! On to the next one.  I just wrapped up with the SF section. I will now be approaching the NY section.

I'm getting in a groove. I am not thinking about anything when I'm assembling the scenes! Im like Edward Scissor Hands, cutting away!  I am just following the conversation and going with the flow. I know what I have, everyone's conversation is trapped and replayed in my mind all the time! To be honest, since I started this project, that's all I have been thinking about. I can't help it!  I know down the line, I will be dealing with taking out edits or shaping the edits to smooth-out the cuts... but at this point, I'm putting pieces together to see what I have. From there "I take a picture" and go with it.

It feels good to move forward. I feel so so so close to the finish line.

Once I finished the SF section, I immediately looked over the video and I got a weird feeling because I was  revisit that moment of time.  I don't know why I get so tripped-out about it.  When I say tripped out, I mean it in a good way.

I guess that's why I love making films... not only do i like the creation part of it, but to remember in time what happened in that period of time. In my case, its my life being recorded while I am documenting someone else's life. Hopefully, that makes sense, but it makes sense to me. In this particular project, it has been very cool that I can say I was in all these cities to make this.

NY Baby - You next!


That's it for now.

Junior
The Filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment