Saturday, January 7, 2012

One Year Anniversary!

I can't believe it! Today is actually one year since I took my trip to New York. It doesn't feel like I've been editing for a whole year. That is crazy to me! I have to say this has been the most challenging project in my early career of filmmaking. I think the editing has been a huge process for me. I don't think I have ever tackled anything like this, so far.

From the BAY to NY to DC back to SF to LA 
I am still shuffling everything together and I hope to have a rough-cut by the end of this month.  Its going to be very rough but at least I will be able to see my vision come alive. This process is literally like shuffling cards. Since I've been placing everything on the timeline of Final Cut... All I have been doing is moving this scene this way, this scene that way, this scene over here, not good to have scene here.  Man, its not fun. I'm already getting a headache explaining all this.  But the good part is... I am not editing anything. Since all the pieces are already together, I am just moving sequences around.

I like the fact that I am moving quickly... that is good. The part that gets a little frustrating is finding sequences that will connect and flow with people to people.  Beginning this process feels like you don't really have a story and it just feels like people are only talking without having no connection with the following person who follows.  No story is formed at this point. It can drive you nuts!

I am sure everything will form and come together... I just don't see anything developing right this moment. I am very aware of this process, so i will be a little more patient.

Its part of the process...


Junior Gonzalez
The filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment