Wednesday, November 17, 2010

LA LA Land

My trip coming down south on Sunday was safe. I actually took a ride-share from the bay area, where I am staying at the moment. The good part is I only spent $13.00 dollars to come down. So I can't complain with that! It definitely works with my budget. I stayed with a friend for the first couple of nights. After that I stayed with my cousin, who is also a filmmaker.

Last Monday and Tuesday was productive. I filmed the activist and writer that I mentioned. I thought it went really well. He had a lot of important issues that he brought up that concerned the Salvadoran culture. I was pleased with his honesty and presents. I believe he is going to make a major impact for the documentary.


My friend helped me do the camera work, so he was very helpful.  This is the same guy is the one who will be lending me his camera.  He has an HVX, that allows the camera to have attachable lens.  While shooting HD and using interchangeable lens gives a nice look. It almost feels like, if it is being shot on 16mm.  It was good to have help. My friend and I both carried equipment around town. We had the lights, boom pole, camera , and other utilities.  This made me think about having an extra hand when I do my East Coast trip, but in reality, I don't even know if that is possible.

So I have to do a shot out to my friend and say thanks for helping a btotha out! He's an up and coming filmmaker as well, we've been helping each other for the last few years or so. The grind has been crazy, but we still leaving the dream.  He's made an indie film and some shorts.  He definitely has the drive. Its always good to be around people like that because it makes you step up your game. There's a saying, "in order to be successful, you have to surround yourself with successful friends."

I have a meeting on Thursday with the professor and hoping to meet another salvi rapper.

Ill keep you updated.  This is it for now.

Junior Gonzalez
The Filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment