Monday, November 22, 2010

L.A. Trip Over

I'm back in the Bay area. This time around I took a shuttle bus. It was a long 7 hour ride, but made it safe.  I am happy with how the week went.  Like I said before I had an interview last Monday and Tuesday.  My Thursday meeting went well.  The meeting lasted about two and half hours or so. He gave me some background of him being a student in El Salvador protesting for peoples rights to him becoming a professor in the states. I informed him of why I wanted to do this documentary and I gave him some background of how I grew up. We immediately developed a good relationship. The professor was very happy that I am taking interest in the culture.  He knew and I knew that this type of project is needed.  One thing that I learned from our conversation was, "In order to make changes for the good, one has to learn and understand their own changes so that good is taught to others." That's exactly how I feel and I hope to show that in my doc.

The conversation was good and it looks like the professor is going to jump on board with the project.  He was very insightful and knowledgeable. He is exactly the person I need that will give some credibility to my film.  Not only does he help run a Central American program, but he is an anthropologist, who studies culture.

Since he wants to get involved, I am going to see if I can get permission to use the University's name and exploit their Central American program.  I really want to give them credit, since they are the only school that offers a degree in Central American studies. It is important because they are also being part of a movement of a Central American culture that is finally being appreciated and recognized.  I think it would be good for the program to get some recognition, but I will have to wait from the professor to see if I can get an legal approval from the school.  I'll cross my fingers and hope the school comes on board too. Things are coming together, I still have a long way to go, but the process has begun.

I didn't get a chance to get together with one of the rappers. Our schedule did not allow us to meet. It looks like we are going to schedule something on a later date.

This is it for now. Now I am going to catch up on some sleep that I lost this past week.

Junior Gonzalez
The Filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment