Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bye Bye Spain!

Its coming down to wire now... It looks like my official deadline to be done with my project is August 10. That is when I will be sending it off to Sundance Film Festival.

Just recently I had to purchase some stock footage of the civil war that happened in EL Salvador. I really didn't want to spend money, but I needed to buy some archives to help visually tell my story. I bought a minute of footage and I paid a HEFTY PRICE! Lets just say I had to cancel my trip to Spain. Damnn! My only opportunity to leave the country.  I have to finish my movie, its my priority! ... I just hope my investment pays off.  I really want to be able to compete and have a chance to enter these festivals. I know it will be difficult to get in, but I can always pray and hope for the best.

I have applied the archives to some of my scenes and I have to say it does make a difference.

But within these moments, I also decided to do another edit of my doc... I just also recently saw the film with another set of eyes... actually my sound guy. I thought I would be ready for a final cut and start working on my sound. This is where I  realized the doc needs to be cut down more.

I was getting feedback from my sound guy and I agreed that it wasn't ready as well.  I was a CRUSHED because I thought I was close to being done! I'm just getting anxious to finish, I spent so much time on this that I am loosing some energy.  Lets say I was crushed that I was a little discouraged.  But I know I need to slow down and look at my options.  At this point my eyes are tired everything looks the same, I'm not sure what was working is actually working.  I'm going on an emotional ride right now because I am finally feeling the fatigue and the stress to getting this project done.

This is probably the first time that I am feeling this way.

To help with the situation I called one of my buddy's that lives in L.A. ... he's a filmmaker too and a talented editor.  I just shipped my Hard-Drive to his place in Los Angeles so that he can give me the fresh eyes that I need.  I'm burned out!

I trust him and we will work this out together... I will continue to stay confident and be more patient. I am just happy that I have friend that I can count on.  But for reals...  I am burned out!

I am still also in the process of trying to get Music for my doc.  I'll save that for another day. One thing at a time!

Once this is all done ... I hope to make that trip to Spain or somewhere out of the country. I will need a break!

I will keep you posted.  


Junior Gonzalez
The filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment