Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Still Filming in S.F.

I don't think I have had a break since I got back from the east coast. I literally shot the next day! I've been so busy that I keep forgetting to keep my blog updated. This past weekend I was all over the city filming with Santos. We've been getting a lot of stuff done. I'm just happy that everything is going as planned. Santos and I have scheduled out the month so far. We have one more one-on-one interview at a Salvadoran restaurant, couple of studio sessions, one concert, and a music video to do. I have to do all this, this month because I have to return the equipment soon. Santos is one down dude.  He's all about getting stuff done.  I like the fact that he's working on his second album, its good that he i continuing on and showing that he is in this for the long run. He's been doing it for the last so many years traveling back and forth from Central America and the states.  He has the skills and talent, there is no question about that. I've seen him rock a few shows. He definitely a performer and knows how to work a crowd.  He's got it!  I think everyone so far that I have interviewed has the potential to have an impact in this game.  As for Santos you see the dedication in his eyes and he's sacrificed a lot to be where he's at.  A lot of this will be learned in the interview process.


Im holding up pretty good. I'm trying to keep strong minded because I've been a little worn out, but I will finish strong. Its really tough to do everything by yourself.  But people like Santos wants me to continue with filming because he's interesting that I want to capture every moment. Some day I will have a budget and crew to make things go smoother. As of now, this is indie status.  I still have one more interview to complete my project. I have the professor to film and he should be the last piece of the puzzle. Once i am done, I can take a short break before I get into editing. The plan is to finish no later than the first week of march.

Plus, I need to get done because I need to get back to work and make some money. My money in my bank account is getting less and less. I've been gone for a month or so!  I'm trying hard to not to stress, but I have to finish this project. Its been in the waiting for the last four years or so. I'm going to be hurting for money next month. I am going to be strong and figure it out. Work has been slow and I don't think they liked that I took a month off. Its something I will deal with, but I believe in my project and I understand the potential it has. Its a risk that I have been taking, but if you don't try in life, then you don't make nothing out of yourself. All I can do is believe and keep the dream alive.

Tomorrow I will be filming Santos at the studio. I always enjoy to see the creative process happen, from writing, to making beats, to recording. I'll let you know how things go tomorrow. I still have a little energy in me. Ill be okay!

I am still alive and making it happen!

Until next time.


Junior Gonzalez
The filmmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment